The Donate Life NC registry does not include whole body donation, as being an organ donor usually prevents whole body donation. In some instances medical schools will accept eye-only donors, but each program has different requirements.
If an individual wishes to make a gift of their whole body to a body donation program in North Carolina, they should make advance arrangements with a specific medical school or research program.
- UNC School of Medicine Body Donation Information (FAQs and Forms)
- Duke University School of Medicine Anatomical Gifts Program (FAQs and Contact Info)
- East Carolina University: Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology of the Brody School of Medicine (Forms)
- Wake Forest University: The donation of bodies for medical education, or Anatomical Bequeathal Program, is administered by the Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy. For more information, please call (336) 716-4369.
- Fayetteville Technical Community College Mortuary Science Program (Anatomical Donation Guidelines and Forms)