The Donate Life NC registry does not include whole body donation, as being an organ donor usually prevents whole body donation. In some instances medical schools will accept eye-only donors, but each program has different requirements.
If an individual wishes to make a gift of their whole body to a body donation program in North Carolina, they should make advance arrangements with a specific medical school or research program.
- UNC School of Medicine Body Donation Information (FAQs and Forms)
- Duke University School of Medicine Anatomical Gifts Program (FAQs and Contact Info)
- East Carolina University: Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology of the Brody School of Medicine (Forms)
- Wake Forest University: Organ donation is not an exclusion from acceptance to our program. Contact the Center for Applied Learning Whole Body Anatomical Bequeathal Program, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, N.C. 27157-1039, (336) 716-4369/(336) 716-2100 (evenings and weekends, ask for Body Donation)
- Fayetteville Technical Community College Mortuary Science Program (Anatomical Donation Guidelines and Forms)