Over 28,000 people began new lives in 2010 thanks to organ transplants. Another 46,000 received the gift of sight through cornea transplants.
Donate Life North Carolina is a collaborative group of organizations that promote eye, organ and tissue donation. Working together, the member organizations are directly involved in supporting donor families and facilitating organ, eye and tissue transplants across the state. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, our work includes school education, Division of Motor Vehicles outreach and donor registry supervision. Our mission is to inspire all North Carolina residents to save and enhance lives by registering as organ, eye and tissue donors.
Learn more about our coalition members to see how these organizations support eye, organ and tissue donation. Explore our site to discover how you can DONATE LIFE!
Board of Directors
- Chair — Debbie Gibbs, LifeShare Of The Carolinas
- Vice-Chair — Steve Walker, North Carolina Lion's Foundation, Inc.
- Secretary — Penny Loy, The North Carolina Eye Bank
- Treasurer — Gary Burris, LifeShare Of The Carolinas
- Past Chair — Dawn Hall, Carolina Donor Services