My late husband and I met Carl and his wife when we were both young, married couples. We became good friends and together enjoyed watching our children grow to adulthood.
Whole Body Donation
The Donate Life NC registry does not include whole body donation, as being an organ donor usually prevents whole body donation. In some instances medical schools will accept eye-only donors, but each program has different requirements.
If an individual wishes to make a gift of their whole body to a body donation program in North Carolina, they should make advance arrangements with a specific medical school or research program.
- UNC School of Medicine Body Donation Information (FAQs and Forms)
- Duke University School of Medicine Anatomical Gifts Program (FAQs and Contact Info)
- East Carolina University: Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology of the Brody School of Medicine (Forms)
- Wake Forest University: The donation of bodies for medical education, or Anatomical Bequeathal Program, is administered by the Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy. For more information, please call (336) 716-4369.
- Fayetteville Technical Community College Mortuary Science Program (Anatomical Donation Guidelines and Forms)
- Donor Registry
- Donation Info
- You Can Help