Position Title: Program Manager (Manager of Multicultural Initiatives)
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Purpose: The Manager of Multicultural Initiatives is responsible for managing outreach activities, materials and advertising related to multicultural communities to promote organ, eye and tissue donation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of The Decision Project, Donate Life’s statewide multicultural initiative including recruiting, training and cultivating community partners.
- Develop effective, sustainable relationships with diverse communities including HBCUs, faith-based organizations, health facilities and governmental agencies to build awareness of organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Work in collaboration with Donate Life team members to create content for social media, print, radio and television advertisements.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external team members to recruit, train and manage volunteers.
- Collect and analyze statewide demographics and other relevant data to make decisions about program direction.
- Assists in identifying potential sponsors and funding sources for new programs.
- Adheres to all Donate Life NC policies and procedures.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Job Qualifications—Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must reside in the state of North Carolina
- Must be creative, flexible and enthusiastic
- Must have cultural competence and documented experience working with multicultural communities
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective, positive working relationships with volunteers, staff, and the community
- Should have experience recruiting, training and managing volunteers
- Must be able to work independently and have an exceptional work ethic
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Should have competency in a Windows environment and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and expertise in PowerPoint.
- Should have competency with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumbler, Snapchat, etc.)
- Must be able to travel and have a reliable vehicle to use for business travel (reimbursements offered)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Public Health, Divinity, Liberal Arts, Communications or related experience
- Personal connection to organ, eye or tissue transplant/donation will be an advantage
For more information on organ, eye & tissue donation, visit www.DonateLifeNC.org.
To apply: send cover letter, resume and list of 3 references to: Search Committee, Donate Life North Carolina, via email@example.com . Please use MULTICULTURAL INITIATIVES in the subject line of all correspondence regarding this position.